Skip to main content

My Left and Right hand!

This is a continuation of the blog post I am writing " The joy of living ". The wonderful experience of having life. Really an odd topic and I would mention this heading on all the blogs that relate to this as "Joy of living". So this is Joy of living - Part 2:




My Left and Right hand!



I have always found it a fantasy to write with my left hand. Some times I really wish I was a "lefty", doing all things with left hand instead of right. There was once an American president who was said that he could write documents with both hands. Either it was when photocopy machines were not invented or the president had a split personality that his left hand did not' know what his right hand wrote. I say this with audacity as I have tried this many times and have failed. This multiple thing is not in my wish list. I would have think many times which hand I signed a check last time so that the new checks would not be rejected. Have this happened to you? How could it? You are not weird. Welcome to the second part of the series "Joy of Living". I was recently at a church called "Para" where the person who delivered the message was talking about the fact that we are so careless with what we have. Some times I find it true. This person went ahead to tell this amazing proposition, "the only element of change that could be attributed to us as our own are our failures". When we think of it, it seems true.

Like in my case, I wanted to wear spectacles so badly that I watched TV at a very close distance and eventually ended wearing glasses, which I regret deeply that I have to spend huge amount to buy contacts so that the marks those glass made on my nose that makes me look like an alien has to heal.



Our hands, take for instance have a vast network of nerves, blood vessels, both big and small, bones, tendons and several other things that my friends who are doctors can only pronounce. For me those words are like my WEP password "t@e3xds3^#b$d%d". But have it ever crossed your mind that this is too complex to be a product random chemical reactions.
 The preacher at the church above asked the congregation if they ever took time to admire their hands. Amazing thought! Have I ever looked at my hand and said "Wow" ? Have you? Have you ever looked at your self and wondered how difficult it is to create this part or that. I have some experience in artificial intelligence and have read about the technical aspects in creating a hand. The movement of fingers, the curving of hand around a ball, the enclosure of the fingers on a face, the gripped hold on a moving vehicle? How amazing and wonderful are the parts that we have. Our eyes? In study of digital image processing, we face many difficulties in setting the aperture, focal point, the clarity, the threshold, primary and secondary colour filters, just to capture an image, and our eyes it captures many many frames a second. Each frame animated to a video, each video transmitted across a thousand electrical hops to a processor and then to a decoder, man to think about the human body, its like all our sciences combined, All the knowledge that human has never will be equal to create a equivalent robot that can process the same emotions, senses, and aspirations we can. Have you considered your self as a piece of art that was made unique and with great caution? As the Psalmist says in Psalms 139:14 "I am fearfully and wonderfully made" have we paid attention as much as the guy who wrote this circa 3000 years ago?

Technology has enabled us to do things we have not done before, but it has still not let us do things that are essential to be done.

There is a story I think of and I want to share with you. I want to ask forgiveness from all before I let you read it, as it may offend some.




The best scientists of the world created a device that could directly get in touch with God and so contacted God.
Scientists:God, we are now at par with you, we have learned the technology and skills to create another being
God:I was expecting you to come with this idea the last time when you came with the tower, but continue I want to hear
Scientists:Well, we had a minor setback then, any way we want to challenge you in creating a man contest
God:I am ready, I had a lot of practice. Any time you say. How would you want this to done?
Scientists:The old way, from dust.
God:Good, its my favourite. Creating from the ribs was longer.
Scientists:1,2,3 Start the cesmic clocks
Scientists soon gather dust,and start to make a man out of it.
God:Guys, Excuse me, go get your own dust. That is also mine!
This is what I was saying in this post, its not easy to escape from his presence, from his glory. Then the only choice that remains in for you is to enjoy his gift. This life. Jesus said this once; "Look at the flowers of the field, even King Solomon who was the best architect in the world never did ever build any thing that could bring such glory. But this glory has been given to you." It has been gifted to you. Are we so caught up in our inventions and innovations that we admire our selves less and look at a Sony television and say " What a masterpiece"?

Though I don't take any lessons from the book "The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" there is a part in which Ford and Arthur meet Slartibartfast, who tell them that he had taken time to perfect the mountain ranges, or like the "God- figure" in "Evan Almighty" says to Evan "See the mountains lined from one end to other. I did that." Take time today to see your self, a wonderful creation, brighter than the stars, so perfectly made that the sun is shamed to shine in front of you.

http://new.dayspring.com/?p=1095
This is what you are, you are a masterpiece.Made after everything that was there to make, God was done with the Sun, moon, plants , stars, fishes, baby dinosaurs and everything, and took his time and said at the bright morning on the sixth day of creation and would have said this, "My, this is a challenge, I am going to make my first man. I am excited and scared, I am so filled with this love, I am going to make the kings and queens of the creation, my son Adam, my daughter Eve, my babies." God says this " I have your name written on my hands that you realise I will never ever forget you.".



God bless you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nativity - by Gari Melchers

This could be my first ever critique of art that I have ever written and that is because it is only recently art has captured my interest as much as this work. This write up is made both in English and German as I want to practice my German.  'The Nativity' by Gari Melchers.  I am not an art expert and my critique is from a layman's point of view, but bear with me. I have tried reading some information about the art and the culture behind it and I have my two favourite blog posts about the same work and yes,  I have shamelessly copied some of their thoughts. Woebegone but Hopeful and other is by Lisa VO . Julius Garibaldi Melchers (August 11, 1860 – November 30, 1932) was an American artist. He was one of the leading American proponents of naturalism. He won a 1932 Gold medal from the American Academy of Arts and Letters.[1] - Wikipedia The Nativity is painted during the peak of realism movement - in a gritty and less idealised manner . For m

Pentecost 2012

celebrating pentecost 2012 to many of us who think of Pentecost as a denomination or a church, this message is for you, for many of us who think there is no reason to be concerned about the church, this is again a message for you. this message is for christians or people who call themselves christians. if you are not a christian, let me warn you, that some things may slip your mind so be free to ask me in the comments or on twitter or personal email at smathew2237@gmail.com . [The following explains trinity : please read if you are interested : else skip below by clicking => SKIP <=] in christianity we believe in a monotheist belief like Judaism and Islam, but worship the God of Judaism not Islam. the turn down for many people is the added effect of deity issues that come with christians saying they believe in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and blow away the concept of monotheism. so what does the christian believe ? well, we believe God, existed before time and he was not

Testimonies

This is an extract from a mail I had written to my friends and I wish that most of you my readers would get this message too. I want to tell you about a few testimonies that changed my perception of testimonies. Most of you may have heard me say this many times, but then since its that good, I wish your Christmas memories could include this one too.  The first story occurs in a little village of pullad. Now that is in Kerala, and for those who do not know where it is, the place is near kumbanad, and around 15 Kms from Chengannur/ Thiruvalla and some where in the mid point between ernakulam and trivandrum .  SEE IT ON MAP I HAD WRITTEN THE STORY IN A BETTER FORMAT OVER AN YEAR AGO. SEE TOTALLY SIMPLE FAITH.  It is a village more than a town , with rubber trees, bugs and the sweet sound of rain in the woody and leafy region, so it cooler and humid than most other parts of kerala. So, i was here, in a prayer meeting run by a pentecostal group called the hallelujah prayer fellowship