Skip to main content

Basic Lessons - Part 4- God of Hope


Recently it occurred to me that hope is not an universal thing. Really?? Well, let me put it in this manner .... Tom wants a chocolate fudge cake for his birthday, his birthday is around 10 months away. Now if he did hope that he gets it, he is positive that he would be alive the next day, and the next and the next. So, then hope is a by-product of what he believes. This is the basis of  Christianity. Welcome to another session of ...


The hope that Christians have is based on teaching that has been passed down from people who lived over 2000 years . But the best part is that there are still evidences and historical documents that support this. Well, does Christianity stop with that?? No, its more. Love is something we call "strange" and "odd". We all could understand the love a mother has to her kids, a lover to his lover , but the odd thing is the Christian's love. I agree that this is rare, but that is the thing that bound the early Church. They were one in mind and heart. Everyone sold things they had and brought it to the church so that it could feed the ones that did not.

I was really busy today waiting for a call from a bank manger approving my loans and he had failed me again. I felt really broken, and I called one of my mentors to talk about it. He asked me to wait a while without getting angry with the manager. I went to pray about it. It was surprising. I felt so encouraged after the prayer. There was hope in my prayer, i knew that God who had me in his hands has all this and much more in his palm. Isn't that more worth?

Most of you have heard of the Darwin's theory of natural selection. But do you know that Hitler tried to bring to practice. He had a list, Aryans Race on the top, then mixed Aryans, .... till Africans, and Jews at the bottom. He was crushed when Jesse Owens won at the Berlin Olympics. The weak race defeated the stronger ones. For those in Darwinism "hope" is merely a thought that pulls them down. All they fear and believe is that one day someone better in natural selection than him would replace him. How scary right?? Well he nearly killed all the Jews. Strange race are the "Jews" right??

In Isaiah God says that "He will never forget them". And even after so many things that happened to them the race still exists. God is a God of promises. To realise that to hope in God is to wait patiently while the walls crumble and fall and believe in his word that no stone would hurt you. Many of you may be going through seriously irritating, frustrating things in life. I realise that a bank manger can spoil three days of my life simply by asking me to wait for a call and not returning a call, and yes it is testing and  but as my mentor said to me, wait and be patient. God tells to his people once
Be still and know that I am God. 

To hope is scary, and let me tell you that its absolutely fine. Disciples who walked with Jesus lost hope even when he was with them. Jesus and his disciples went on a boat and storm came. Jesus was sleeping at the time of the storm. When the disciples asked him why did he care not about them, he said he did. His answer to the storm was sleep. He cared less about the storm. 


Lets learn to sleep in storms ....



Subz Your browser does not support the canvas element.Get Google Chrome or the view Enhancement software for HTML5 site from here Click Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nativity - by Gari Melchers

This could be my first ever critique of art that I have ever written and that is because it is only recently art has captured my interest as much as this work. This write up is made both in English and German as I want to practice my German.  'The Nativity' by Gari Melchers.  I am not an art expert and my critique is from a layman's point of view, but bear with me. I have tried reading some information about the art and the culture behind it and I have my two favourite blog posts about the same work and yes,  I have shamelessly copied some of their thoughts. Woebegone but Hopeful and other is by Lisa VO . Julius Garibaldi Melchers (August 11, 1860 – November 30, 1932) was an American artist. He was one of the leading American proponents of naturalism. He won a 1932 Gold medal from the American Academy of Arts and Letters.[1] - Wikipedia The Nativity is painted during the peak of realism movement - in a gritty and less idealised manner . For m

2 Kings 5 | Part 2 | Naaman and the Offense of the cross

This section of the story in 2 Kings chapter 5 focuses on Naaman. We know that Naaman was the commander in chief of the armies of Syria and possibly the right hand man as he was incharge of strategic, political and warfare and security. This was a very prestigious role that Naaman had earned. Some Jewish Rabbis say that his ruthlessness and his power resulted in God punishing Naaman with Tzaraat which is translated as Leprosy. For the sake of these notes, I would consider the word Leprosy.  Naaman was powerful and wise. In fact, it was God who had blessed him from the start. The verse says that Naaman was a powerful and influential man valued by the king greatly. His victory was a gift from God to Aram. Why would God bless a foreign nation to attack the Israelites? In Deuteronomy chapter 28, Moses tells the people that God would make the enemies of Israel punish the people of God if they are disobedient. Jehoram, the then king of Israel was the son of Ahab. Ahab and his wife Jezebel le

Studies Through 1st Peter | 1 Peter 1: 1 | About Peter

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who are elect exiles of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: Preface: Why are we looking through this book? Unlike the letter of James, this book is written to a Jewish / Gentile Christians who are scattered across various provinces that are outside their ideal world. In the last two weeks we have been looking at what it means to live as people who love God. Today and the weeks to follow, we will look at how this is meant to be worked out as people living among other nations. Written by Silvanus (he is the typist) - probably Silas along with Mark From "babylon" .. well babylon did not exist in that time as an important place. It was a code, a code for what Babylon stood for. Enmity to God - Where was the enemy? in Rome - Who was the enemy -  Introduc